Summer is the perfect season for grilling with friends on the weekend or family on week nights. Put a twist on your normal burger night with these Greek Feta Lamb Burgers, topped with tzatziki sauce and paired with oven fried potatoes for the perfect summertime meal.
What to Buy:
- Tzatziki can be made with plain, Greek yogurt, sour cream or a mixture of the two.
- Substitute spinach for lettuce on these burgers for a tasty twist on the original.
For the Burgers:
- Mix together 1 lb. ground lamb, 1 (4 ounce) package of crumbled feta cheese, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, 1 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek seasoning and 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill patties, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350*-400*) for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place patties on spinach-lined hamburger buns. Top with tomatoes, onion and Tzatziki sauce.
- 2 (7 ounce) containers Greek yogurt such as Fage Total
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. minced, fresh dill
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Taste for seasonings.
*Note – Tzatziki can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.