Grilling season is in full swing, but who says you have to save it for the smaller cuts such as chops and racks? Grilling roasts is perfect for weekend gatherings or Sunday night family dinners. Not to mention, easy clean up!
- Defrost roast if frozen. Leg roast or shoulder roast can be used. Cooking time will vary depending on if the roast is bone-in or boneless. Boneless roasts cook quicker, be careful not to overcook.
- Season roast with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, granulated garlic, lemon pepper and oregano. (Roast can be refrigerated while seasoned up to 2 days)
- Heat grill to 350*. Brush grill with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place roast directly on the grill.
- Mix together juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 cup Olive Oil. Baste roast with olive oil/lemon juice mixture every 30-45 minutes. Rotate roast while before basting each time to ensure even cooking. Cook until you achieve an internal temperature of 145* (medium rare), about 2 1/2 hours.
- Let meat rest 10-15 minutes before serving.